Travel Updates July 2020
EVERGREEN LODGE & YOSEMITE ARE OPEN
The ways in which we enjoy the Park and our lodge amenities is a bit different for now, but most everything is available including our swimming pool, Restaurant, Tavern, General Store, guided tours, games and nightly s’mores by the outdoor fire.
- For information on our lodge’s enhanced cleaning and service protocols, visit our Clean & Safe program page.
- Please call or email us at (209) 379-2606 or if you have any questions or concerns.
Temporary Day Use Permit Program
To make safe social distancing possible, the Park Service will be temporarily limiting the volume of day use traffic and will require advance reservations. Initially, they are limiting the number of passes to about half of the usual summer traffic, with the goal of expanding visitation as it becomes safe to do so.The Park Service is working on the best way to reopen the park as quickly as possible while keeping everyone as safe as possible.
Please keep in mind that the initial arrangement is temporary and will evolve over time. They are trying some new things based on a large body of data and past experiences, and they’re prepared to make changes quickly as they see what works best.
- It’s best to make your Day Use reservation for “Yosemite National Park Ticketed Entry”online between 30 days and 48 hours in advance at recreation.gov
- July and August ticket sales are available now.
- Last minute travelers: note that while most Day Use Entry Tickets will be sold 30 days to 48-hours in advance, the Park Service will release 20% of the allotted Day Use Entry Tickets for purchase within 48-hours of arrival day, on a first-come first-served basis at recreation.gov
- Even if you own a National Park Pass, you will need to reserve a Day Use Entry Ticket on recreation.gov in order to enter the park. You won’t have to pay the full entrance fee a second time, just a $2 processing fee
- Yosemite Park Entrance Passes are good for 7 days, but you MUST use your Day Use Entry Ticket on the first day if you would like it to be valid for additional days for the remainder of that week
- At this time, we are not able to obtain passes for our guests to drive their own cars in/out of the park. Each vehicle must obtain their own pass at recreation.gov.
- Guests participating in our professionally guided trips do NOT need to obtain a day pass. Park admission fees and park access are included in our trips.
- Guests visiting Hetch Hetchy also do NOT need to obtain a Day Use Ticket although adjusted hours are 8am – 5pm
- Shuttle service is not available in/out of the park right now, but we are actively working with regional partners in search of a solution.
- At this time Yosemite’s free shuttle service is not expected to operate this summer
To download our PDF of details and step-by-step instructions click here.
As more details become available, we will continue to email our guests and publish updates on our web site and in social media.
Although the way in which we access the park this year will be different, Yosemite is as incredible as ever, and we can’t wait to share an amazing adventure with you.
Your friends at the Evergreen
We are doing our best to provide the most current and accurate information as quickly as possible, so please check back often. Or stay tuned on our Facebook page as we'll be posting there as well.