Travel Updates November 2019
Updated November 27, 2019, 11 am
Access to the Evergreen Lodge via Highway 120 from the San Francisco Bay Area is clear and open for travel.
Here are some temporary restrictions to be aware of:
- Chains or snow tires are currently required to drive through the town of Groveland on your way to the lodge, though chain requirements are typically lifted as the snowfall subsides.
- Highway 120/Big Oak Flat entrance re-opened with chains or 4-wheel drive with snow tires required for now.
- Highway 41 inside the park re-opened at 8am.
- Highway 140 inside the park is open.
- Note that the East side of Highway 120 is closed for the winter, as it does each year, however access to the park and the lodges from Highway 120 West and the Bay Area remains open year-round.
- Our direct access to Yosemite’s Hetch Hetchy area is open.
For road and weather conditions in Yosemite National Park, it’s best to call them directly: 209-372-0200 and press 1, then 1 again for the most current information.
Updated information is also available on the park’s website at www.nps.gov/yose
It is important to carry tire chains in your car and be prepared to use them in chain controlled areas (even if your car has four-wheel drive): chains may become mandatory at any time. Drive carefully even when there are no chain requirements, as you may encounter icy spots on mostly dry roads.
As usual this time of year, Highway 120 access to the eastern side of Yosemite remains closed until spring.
For more seasonal travel tips visit our helpful section on Yosemite Weather & Seasonal Conditions.
Let our Recreation Experts Help you!
Our friendly Recreation team is excited to point you in the right direction for your ideal adventure, whether you’d like to explore on your own or join one of our professionally guided excursions. You can also look forward to great food and company in our Restaurant and Tavern, fun for all ages in our Game Room, relaxing in our Guest Lounge, our saltwater swimming pool and hot tub, or with our incredible team of certified massage therapists. Email them directly at and they’ll get right back to you.
We encourage you to call (209) 379-2606 or email our Front Desk team at so we can be of help in any way. Please keep in mind that call volume can be challenging at times, so we thank you in advance for your patience.
You are also welcome to enjoy all the great amenities at our sister property down the road, Rush Creek Lodge.
Any time you’d like updated road and weather conditions for Yosemite National Park, you are welcome to call 209-372-0200 and press 1. Updated information is also available on the park’s website at www.nps.gov/yose
The Evergreen Team
We are doing our best to provide the most current and accurate information as quickly as possible, so please check back often. Or stay tuned on our Facebook page as we'll be posting there as well.