It’s time to get outside and play, so we’ve sprinkled all sorts of surprises throughout the Evergreen. From bocce ball to Geocaching, horseshoes to hammocks, you can dream up all sorts of ways to play. Evergreen also offers plenty of Yosemite tours, guided hikes & other great activities!
- Coyote Hill – Coyote Hill is a 3,000 square foot outdoor event area used for nightly guest activities including barbecues, campfires, s’mores and sing-alongs. It is also home to our outdoor movie theater. Coyote Hill is also available for private group functions such as reunions, rehearsal dinners, and meetings.
- Kids Playground – Located in Lupine village is our nature-oriented playground designed by Ron Holthuysen of Scientific Art Studio[TM1]. This unique kid’s area was hand constructed with material from fallen trees on our property and features a two-level tree fort, 15′ climb-on spider web, tree swings and more.
- Horseshoes & Bocce – Test your skills with these classic outdoor games designed for adults and kids alike. Our horseshoe pits and bocce court are located in Cedar Village.
- Nature Trail – Our onsite nature trail meanders through the forest surrounding the lodge. The ¾ mile long trail provides a great way to explore the property while learning about the area’s nature, wildlife, and natural history.
- Forest Disc Golf Course – A nine hole course (well, baskets really) that’s beginner friendly and easy to navigate. There’s both an expert and a novice level of play to choose from conveniently located just across the road from the Main Lodge Restaurant and Tavern. The entire course takes under an hour to play lending itself perfectly for a quick and easy game to bring the entire family together!
- Sunset Point – Along the western edge of the property is Sunset Point, which provides a serene, beautiful setting for sunset viewing and stargazing, complete with seating and a great view.
- Swimming Pool Area with a hot tub and a pool bar.
- Campfire area located outside the Recreation Center in the Main Plaza and in the Custom Camping campground
- Kids’ Zipline, life-size chess set, bag toss, and other games sprinkled throughout the property.
- Hammocks hung between trees throughout the property
- Benches, picnic tables and other cozy outdoor spaces
- At neighboring Camp Mather, swimming, tennis and other activities are also available.
- In addition, the Evergreen offers a variety of Evening Activities and Recreation Programs.