What To Bring
There are a few essentials that make for a more enjoyable Yosemite getaway, and your needs will vary depending on how adventurous you would like to be when you’re here. Whenever you are on a road trip through the great outdoors it’s good to carry plenty of drinking water and snacks and keep your gas tank topped off for those long stretches of scenic roads.
- Park admission or your Park pass if you already have one. Visit the National Park Service site for the most current information on entrance fees and Park passes. You can even purchase your park pass online before you arrive here.
- Carrying a map is a good idea since satellite navigations systems don’t always get it right.
- Layered warm clothing including wind/rain jacket.
- Sunscreen, hat, and sunglasses.
- Camera and binoculars.
- Headlamp or small flashlight for finding your way at night. Paths around the Evergreen property are dimly lit to allow guests to find their way while still enjoying the breathtaking starry skies. Some guests are more comfortable with the addition of a headlamp or flashlight.
Looking forward to some hiking? You should also bring:
- Small backpack with minimum 32 oz. water and snacks.
- Proper footwear – tennis shoes or hiking boots preferred, and make sure you break them in before you hit the trail for a big hike.
- If hiking to a stargazing vista off the property is on your list, remember your flashlight or headlamp.
Visiting in the winter? Make sure you have a look at our Winter Driving Information page.
In case you forget something, don’t worry. We’ve done our best to anticipate your needs with a variety of items available at our General Store & Gift Shop.