Travel Updates March 2020
Update March 31, 2020, 12 noon
In keeping with Federal, State and Local guidelines for social distancing designed to slow the spread of Covid-19:
- Yosemite National Park is closed as of 3:00pm, March 20, 2020. Yosemite is closed to all visitors until further notice. Find full details and current updates at nps.gov/yose
- Both Evergreen Lodge and Rush Creek Lodge are temporarily closed beginning Friday, March 20th, 2020, with a targeted reopening date of Friday, April 17th if it is safe to do so. We will post updates as needed here and on Social Media.
Your friends at the Evergreen
Update March 16, 2020, 9 am:
Access to the Evergreen Lodge via Highway 120 from the San Francisco Bay Area is clear and open for travel but is in R2 chain restrictions.
Here are some temporary restrictions to be aware of:
- Highway 120/Big Oak Flat entrance is open with R2 restrictions which means chains or 4-wheel drive with snow tires required.
- Highway 41 going to the park is closed.
- Highway 140 to and inside the park is open.
- Note that the East side of Highway 120 is closed for the winter, as it does each year, however, access to the park and the lodges from Highway 120 West and the Bay Area remains open year-round.
- Our direct access to Yosemite’s Hetch Hetchy area is temporarily closed due to snow conditions.
For road and weather conditions in Yosemite National Park, it’s best to call them directly: 209-372-0200 and press 1, then 1 again for the most current information.
Updated information is also available on the park’s website at www.nps.gov/yose
It is important to carry tire chains in your car and be prepared to use them in chain controlled areas (even if your car has four-wheel drive): chains may become mandatory at any time. Drive carefully even when there are no chain requirements, as you may encounter icy spots on mostly dry roads.
As usual this time of year, Highway 120 access to the eastern side of Yosemite remains closed until spring.
For more seasonal travel tips visit our helpful section on Yosemite Weather & Seasonal Conditions.
Let our Recreation Experts Help you!
Our friendly Recreation team is excited to point you in the right direction for your ideal adventure, whether you’d like to explore on your own or join one of our professionally guided excursions. You can also look forward to great food and company in our Restaurant and Tavern, fun for all ages in our Game Room, relaxing in our Guest Lounge, our saltwater swimming pool and hot tub, or with our incredible team of certified massage therapists. Email them directly at and they’ll get right back to you.
We encourage you to call (209) 379-2606 or email our Front Desk team at so we can be of help in any way. Please keep in mind that call volume can be challenging at times, so we thank you in advance for your patience.
You are also welcome to enjoy all the great amenities at our sister property down the road, Rush Creek Lodge.
Any time you’d like updated road and weather conditions for Yosemite National Park, you are welcome to call 209-372-0200 and press 1. Updated information is also available on the park’s website at www.nps.gov/yose
The Evergreen Team
We are doing our best to provide the most current and accurate information as quickly as possible, so please check back often. Or stay tuned on our Facebook page as we'll be posting there as well.