Yosemite Travel Updates Spring 2021
EVERGREEN Lodge Is open
We’re ramping up for a full year of activities celebrating 100 years of Yosemite adventures at the Evergreen, so there’s a lot of good fun to look forward to!
Starting on May 21st, Day Use Entry reservations will be required to enter Yosemite National Park.
Day use passes go on sale April 21st
Details are updated regularly on the Park Service’s website, and here are our key highlights at-a-glance, including exceptions to the program:
- Yosemite Day Use Entry Tickets can be found on recreation.gov, and it’s best to purchase your Day Use Entry Ticket for “Yosemite National Park Ticketed Entry” online as far in advance as possible
- Last minute travelers: while most Day Use Entry Tickets will be sold in advance, the Park Service will release 20% of them for purchase within 48-hours of arrival day on a first-come first-served basis at recreation.gov
- Even if you have a National Park Pass, you will need to reserve a Day Use Entry Ticket on recreation.gov in order to enter the park. You won’t have to pay the entrance fee a second time, just a $2 processing fee
- Park Entrance Passes are good for 3 days, visitors will NOT be required to validate at the gate on the first day of their reservation.
- Shuttle service is not available in/out of the park right now, but we are actively working with regional partners in search of options
- Yosemite’s free shuttle service is not operating
- At this time, we are not able to obtain passes for our guests to drive their own cars in/out of the park. Each vehicle must obtain their own pass at recreation.gov.
If you would like to see/download/print our PDF with key information and step-by-step instructions, click here.
You Do Not Need a Day Use Entry Ticket If:
- Participating in one of our professionally guided trips. Park admission fees and park access are included in our trips.
- You are visiting the Hetch Hetchy area, however access is limited when parking fills
- You have an existing Wilderness permit
Tioga Road is Closed for the Winter
Tioga Road (continuation of Highway 120 through the park) is now closed for the season with an expected reopening date of late May or June. If you planned to drive to Evergreen Lodge from the East side of Yosemite, you’ll need to find an alternative route. Make sure to visit the National Park Service Current Conditions page for the current status of other roads within Yosemite.
When EVERGREEN LODGE is Open…
The ways in which we enjoy the Park and our lodge amenities are a bit different, but most everything is available including our heated saltwater swimming pool, hot tub, Restaurant, Tavern, General Store, guided tours, games, and nightly s’mores by the outdoor fire.
When necessary, the Restaurant and Tavern operate on a takeout basis, so you can still enjoy great food and drinks around property, in the privacy of your cabin or on your private deck.
- For information on our lodge’s enhanced cleaning and service protocols, visit our Clean & Safe program page.
- Please call or email us at (209) 379-2606 or [email protected] if you have any questions or concerns.
Although the way in which we enjoy our adventures is different, Yosemite is as incredible as ever, and we can’t wait to share an amazing time with you and your loved ones.
Your friends at the Evergreen
We are doing our best to provide the most current and accurate information as quickly as possible, so please check back often. Or stay tuned on our Facebook page as we'll be posting there as well.