Tavern Humito Recipe
January 16, 2015
Thanks to Susan Henry, Evergreen guest and Facebook fan, for asking for the recipe for the Humito cocktails we served at Thanksgiving that are made using Hum.
But what is Hum?
It’s a botanical spirit modeled after the great Amaros of Italy. Made by celebrated mixologists Adam Seger of Chicago and Joe McCanta from London, they infuse Hum in a still pot with fair trade hibiscus, ginger root, green cardamom and Kaffir limes. It’s a beautifully crafted, balanced American Botanical Spirit.
Hum isn’t yet available in the entire U.S. for distribution, but you can visit HumSpirits.com to find your closest retailer or bar/restaurant. Of course, you’re always welcome at the Tavern at the Evergreen for Humito’s and Yosemite adventures!
- 1 part Hum
- 1 part clear rum
- Muddled mint, blackberries and lime
- Add agave nectar to taste (2 teaspoons)
- Add ice, shake it well, and strain into a bucket glass filled with ice
- Top it off with Ginger Beer
- Garnish it with Fresh mint and lime