Tavern Humito Recipe
January 16, 2015
But what is Hum?
It’s a botanical spirit modeled after the great Amaros of Italy. Made by celebrated mixologists Adam Seger of Chicago and Joe McCanta from London, they infuse Hum in a still pot with fair trade hibiscus, ginger root, green cardamom and Kaffir limes. It’s a beautifully crafted, balanced American Botanical Spirit.
Hum isn’t yet available in the entire U.S. for distribution, but you can visit HumSpirits.com to find your closest retailer or bar/restaurant. Of course, you’re always welcome at the Tavern at the Evergreen for Humito’s and Yosemite adventures!
- 1 part Hum
- 1 part clear rum
- Muddled mint, blackberries and lime
- Add agave nectar to taste (2 teaspoons)
- Add ice, shake it well, and strain into a bucket glass filled with ice
- Top it off with Ginger Beer
- Garnish it with Fresh mint and lime