Yosemite Family Cabins
ADA Accessible Cabins
John Muir House
Ideal for couples seeking more space or for small families
Our One-Bedroom Cottages (built in 2004) feature a cozy bedroom with king bed, a comfortable living room complete with queen sofa bed, gas fireplace and a private deck with views to the woods.
Amenities include air conditioning units, spacious bathroom with shower/tub, in-room wifi, Alexa devices for in-room entertainment and music, phones, historic artwork, Keurig coffee brewer, electric kettle, refrigerator, feather pillows, ecossential bath products, hair dryer, electronic safe, ceiling fan, vaulted ceilings and more. Cabins do not have kitchens as there is no cooking allowed in or around cabins or at campsites.
These standalone cottages are a wonderful upgrade from our Deluxe Cabins for couples seeking greater privacy and more space. Small families also enjoy our cottages, as they cost less than most family cabins and allow parents to sleep in a separate room than their kids.
- 450 sq ft
- 100 sq ft private deck
- Accommodates 2-4 guests
Off-Peak $315-$380 nightly
Peak & Holiday $410-$530 nightly
Rates shown are for 2022 and are subject to change. Rates vary by season and by specific cabin within each lodging option. Two-night minimum stay applies in certain seasons.
- Check-out is 11am and check-in is 4pm
- Note that rates vary by season, with lower rates offered during winter months and higher rates during the peak season.
- Please note that a two-night minimum stay is required during peak season (May-Sep). A two-night minimum stay is also required on weekends in April and October. A two to three-night minimum stay is required during holiday periods. Call for details.
- All cabins are non-smoking. A $250 cleaning fee will be charged for smoking in cabins.
- Guests are responsible for maintaining their cabin in good order and will be charged for damages to furnishings, fixtures, and supplies.
- Indoor furniture must remain inside the cabin and not be brought onto the deck or other outdoor areas.
- Pets are not allowed in or around guest cabins, in vehicles or on the property. For more details please see our pet policy below.
- Cooking is not permitted in or around cabins or campsites.
- Rates are subject to county hotel tax.
- We cannot guarantee requests for specific cabins, though we’ll do our best to accommodate you.
- Security deposit is required at time of reservation.
- John Muir House and Kay’s Nest guests will be charged a cleaning fee of $250 if the house is left excessively dirty.
- John Muir House and Kay’s Nest guests are also responsible for loading and running the dishwasher before departure. A $30 fee will be charged for failure to do so.
Please note that the Evergreen Lodge typically closes for the month of January and reopens in early February. Our reservation staff is available seven days a week during this time so please call (209) 379-2606, email us, or reserve online.
- A one-night Deposit (including tax) for each room, is required to guarantee the room.
- If cancelled outside of 7 days before check-in date, Deposit will be refunded less a $25 fee.
- If cancelled less than 7 days before check-in date, Deposit will be forfeited.
- Any modifications to an existing reservation are subject to a $25 Change Fee.
- A one-night Early Departure Fee will be charged for early check-outs.
While we are all pet lovers at the Evergreen, pets (other than service animals) are not allowed in or around guest cabins, in vehicles or on the property. Pets are often riled by forest animals (bears, squirrels, etc.), which can create potential conflicts with nature and disturbances for other guests. Pets also create issues for guests with allergies.
Please be aware that pets are highly restricted within Yosemite National Park – the National Park Service only allows pets on fully paved trails and roads on the Yosemite Valley floor, on a leash 6 feet or shorter, and they cannot be left unattended. They are not allowed at any of the lodges in the Park, and they are not allowed in Yosemite’s High Country.
For all of these reasons, we cannot allow pets at the lodge. A $250 fee will be charged for violations. Please help us to enforce this policy by not bringing your pets with you on your visit. We appreciate your understanding.
For assistance please reach out to our team at [email protected].
Our goal is to provide our guests with an experience that combines a classic ‘cabin in the woods’ with modern comforts. We offer the following amenities to enhance your stay:
- Air Conditioners – Cool off in your cabin after a long day of Yosemite adventures, with individual air conditioning unit for each cabin.
- In-Cabin WiFi – Enjoy effortless access to complimentary WiFi internet access in each cabin.
- Alexa Devices – To keep you up to date and entertained, we’ve installed Alexa Devices in all of our cabins. Alexa Devices let you instantly connect to Alexa to play music, get information, news, weather and more just using your voice.
- Phones – For our guests to stay in touch we’ve included a phone in each cabin, with free domestic phone calls, that way you can share your Yosemite adventures with your friends and family that were unable to join your travels.
- Comfy Beds with Feather Pillows – To help you get a great night’s sleep, our cabins feature comfortable Sealy beds and luxurious, hypoallergenic feather pillows from Pacific Coast Feather.
- Gourmet Coffee Brewers – Coffee lovers will appreciate our Keurig single-cup brewers. These patented units allow you to brew gourmet coffee and tea in the comfort of your own cabin.
- Electric Kettles- These kettles allow you to boil our delicious mountain well water all in the comfort of your cabin. We’ve even included a variety of Twinnings Tea bags for the tea lovers staying with us.
- Daily New York Times Digest – Keep up on current events with this abridged daily version of the New York Times, free for lodging guests.
- In-Cabin Games – Spend some quality time as a couple or a family enjoying our selection of classic games, from Scrabble to Yahtzee to Dominoes.
- Mini Fridges – Our cabins include a small refrigerator perfect for storing snacks, beverages, etc. Visit our general store to stock up on these items and more.
- Hair Dryers/Irons – Hairdryers are provided in each of our cabins. Irons and Ironing Boards are also provided in each of our cabins.
- In-Room Safes – For that extra peace of mind, we’ve added programmable electronic safes to all our cabins. These safes are large enough to store your camera, laptop and more.
- Daily Housekeeping – Housekeeping service is provided on a daily basis. Fresh towels and linens are provided at check-in and upon request during your stay. We are proud to supply Ecossential bath products in all of our cabins.
- Guest Laundry – Located adjacent to our campground bathhouse, this facility offers coin-operated laundry machines for Evergreen cabin and camping guests.
We have purposefully kept some amenities out of our cabins such as televisions to encourage guests to enjoy the mountains and get away from it all.
However, if you need to catch a big game, satellite television is available in the tavern. If you need to stay connected, telephones, computers, and Wi-Fi are available for guest use free of charge throughout our property.
Note that our cabins do not have kitchens and that individual cooking and barbecuing are not allowed on the property. For your dining pleasure, the Evergreen has a wonderful restaurant with a diverse menu serving three meals a day in a variety of relaxed settings.
Know Before You Go
Not sure what to expect? We’ve assembled a collection of resources for you on everything from packing lists to travel directions, sample itineraries, weather conditions and more.
Upgrades & Fun Extras
Add your own special touch with just the right gift. Think adventure packs or munchies for youngsters, fine wine and therapeutic massage for more grown-up treats, or discounted recreation vouchers for all to enjoy!